Sarvajnapeetha: The Seat of Infinite Knowledge
Sanatana is a Sanskrit word that denotes that which is Anadi (beginning-less), Anantha (endless) and does not cease to be –therefore, that which is eternal and everlasting. The word Dharma has no equivalent word in any language in the world. Its approximate meaning is “Natural Law,” or those principles of reality, which are inherent in the very nature and design of the universe. Thus the term Sanatana Dharma can be roughly translated to mean “the natural,
ancient and eternal way.
Sanatana Dharma is the original name of what is now popularly called Hindu Dharma or Hinduism. It is the world’s most ancient cultural, socio, spiritual, and religious tradition, whose roots go back 1900 million years, beyond known historical dates, time and civilizations. It is also not attributable to a single founder (apaurusheya), like other religions of the world.
Sanatana Dharma or Vedic Civilization flourished in the sacred land of Bharat or Aryavarta – whose idyllic setting, allowed for the kind of inner space and outer ambience for the most enlightened civilization to flourish on planet earth. Here, on the banks of the Ganges-Saraswati in the primordial forest of Naimisharanya, inhabited by millions of enlightened awakened human beings, the all knowing spiritual seat of infinite knowledge, Sarvjnapeetha, was
graced by divinity itself – in the form of the all-knowing, all-powerful, all-pervading Source of Consciousness – Adi Guru, the original Master – Sadashiva!
It is here that great sages and saints presided over by Incarnations and Enlightened Beings such as Ved Vyasa, Shaunaka Muni composed some of the greatest scriptures ever known to mankind. It is in the cosmic energy center of Naimisharnya that the roots of Sanatana Hindu Dharma is traced. Knowledge here was transmitted through deeksha (initiation) and expression of siddhis (mystical powers) in the great Guru Parampara tradition. Thereon, Rishis and Munis dedicated millions of years of spiritual practices for discovering, nurturing and protecting the sacred truths for mankind – these original revelations and mystical discoveries were recorded as Vedic Scriptures and transmitted in all its purity through the oral traditions of the Guru- Shishya lineage.
However, over a period of 500 years, successive foreign invading rulers of India, diluted the very body language of Sanatana Hindu Dharma by systematically eliminating everything that was glorious about them.
Nearly 200,000 gurukuls, which was the very backbone of Vedic civilization, were systematically destroyed
– Temples which were the repositories of the history, society, spirituality of Vedic times were looted and plundered rendering Hindus cultural orphans and making them slaves to everything ‘foreign’ and ‘western’
– Sanskrit manuscripts, scientific knowledge were seized and whisked away, original texts destroyed and then reprinted and represented with wrong interpretations – belittling the authenticity of Vedic knowledge Despite this genocide, the spirit of Vedic traditions survived as the Enlightened Consciousness incarnated again and again, as
Enlightened Masters, to restore and uphold the Dharma.
Vedic Civilization stands on 3 core foundations:
- The Seat of Knowledge and philosophy that preserves the Vedic traditions – e.g. the Mahanirvani Peeth or the Madurai Adheenam
- Sacred Arts and Architecture – e.g. temples and kingdoms
- The Seat of Language, the perfect most refined linguistic expression of the Truth – e.g. Kashi in North India for Sanskrit and Tamil Sangam in South India for Tamil Whenever there were threats to any of these core foundations, Sarvjnapeetha, through its presiding Master, would descend as the Jagadguru (Spiritual Master of the Entire Universe) to protect and radiate Sanatana Dharma or Hinduism for the whole of mankind.
As this famous quote from the Bhagavad Gita says:
Yada yada hi Dharmasya glanir bhavati bharata,
Abhyutthanam adharmasya tadatmanam srajamy aham.
Paritranaya sadhunam vinashaya ch dushkritam,
Dharma-samsthapnarthaya sambhavami yuge yuge.
Translated this means:
“Whenever and wherever there is decline in spiritual practice, O Bharata, and a predominant rise of irreligion – at that time I will descend Myself, to enrich and deliver the pious beings, to annihilate the miscreants and to reestablish the sacred principles of the cosmic truth, I myself appear, age after age” India is the Guru – the Spiritual Master of the whole World.
And, here the, next big leap of human consciousness started in 1978 with the advent of rare living incarnation, Paramahamsa Nithyananda. Avatar Paramahamsa Nithyananda is the reviver of Sanatana Hindu Dharma and architect of the new enlightened civilization. He is recreating the original space of Naimisharanya from the spiritual seat of Sarvajnapeetha. The voice of the Truth that reverberated in the Ganges-Saraswati civilization in the Vedic times, can be heard through the divine vision and expressions of Paramahamsa Nithyananda. The Vedic Renaissance is happening in all its originality, depth and expanse to enrich human beings to reclaim the Vedic heritage and reconnect with their higher self.